Hi, I’m MARIANNE.
I am not a stare-and-nod-type therapist.
A Little About Me
If you hate humor, keep clicking. People tell me I’m warm, engaged, outgoing, and I have a lot to say when the time is right about exactly how to move through your challenges.
I’m a little sarcastic, because honestly? Life needs a little sarcasm. I get real in sessions, and sure, we might cry… but I can tell you right now that we’ll also laugh. (And PS: when you can laugh in therapy, that’s the hope coming back in, and it’s one of my happiest times as a counselor.)
Menopause… I get it. Enough said.
I came from a complicated family of origin. Maybe you did, too?
I’ve been through divorce, remarriage, and co-parenting, so if you’re struggling with any of those challenges, I’ve been right there in your shoes.
Like any good mom, I don’t let anyone go hungry. Inviting you into my office is like inviting you into my living room. There will always be coffee, snacks, and great conversation.
If you’re interested in the nitty-gritty, my education and licensure info is below:
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Pennsylvania, License number CW015757
- BA Hiram College, Hiram, Oh 1991
- MSSA Case Western Reserve University, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences, Cleveland, Oh 1995
- EMDRIA Certified EMDR Psychotherapist
- Over the years, I’ve attended trainings in many practice areas including self-compassion, mindfulness, and anxiety reduction.
READY TO THRIVE IN MIDLIFE?
The season of midlife can bring drastic changes in your relationships, your body, and your values. You can learn to navigate this time of life to feel empowered, purposeful, and excited about life again.
Address: 1362 S Atherton St, State College, PA 16801